Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Wounded Heart


Far away in the depth of me
In the shadows of my soul
My heart is playing childishly
Hiding in the darkest holes

Longing to be whole again
Longing to be loved
Yet scared of being scarred again
Wounded by given love

Run my fingers along the scars
Feel the cracks and holes
A hand tries to open them
Please God No!

My heart can’t be given again
I don’t know where it is
The pain has made it hide away
The pain of giving love
Please teach me how to love again
Go find my wounded heart
I long to give it away again
As a whole and flawless heart

The only one who can heal my pain
I’ve hidden from so long
How do I ask for your love again
Me, the dirty broken one

You say your mercy never ends
And I suppose it’s true
But am I worthy of your mercy God
Am I good enough for you?

Why won’t you give up on me?
Why don’t you ever let go?
Why is your love so comforting?
Why do I long for it so?

I know I’m the one that’s running
I know you’re always near
Give me the strength to turn around
And see that you are there

No comments: