Sunday, September 21, 2008

Picked up . . . Finally

So on the 4th of January I started my mission year (it’s a performing arts ministry by the way). New faces, new people, new beginnings. Now in the past this had not been a good thing for me, but I was hoping this time would be different! I was right. This year has been amazing, I’ve learnt so much. God picked me up and turned my ashes into beauty.
In the first four months of the year we had training. In this time we learnt productions and attended teachings. The teachings were designed to help us grow spiritually through healing processes and by receiving new knowledge about God. Every morning we had a slot for bible study, and each day was filled with God. We also had an option to go for counseling. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with me, but I went anyway, just to make sure. I’m glad I did! At the sessions I started facing the pain of my past. The pain I had hidden away for so long. I started to experience freedom and forgiveness. I worked through both my bad experiences with men, and I forgave them. It wasn’t easy, but I learnt that “harboring unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping you enemy will die” - Joyce Meyer. I also finally let go of the men who still had pieces of my heart. I had to have someone pray for me to break the soul ties, but once that was done, it made the whole process a whole lot easier. God really came through on His promises. But I still had a long road ahead of me. This year wasn’t all fun and games.

Psalm 73:26
“My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever.”

No comments: