Monday, September 22, 2008

Acceptance

As I started the process of making new friends, the effects of my school days came out. I was still seeking acceptance. I didn’t realize how much I relied on it until I went back into my past and saw how much rejection I had actually experienced. I never even realized it before. But now I could work on it. I have to keep reminding myself that only God’s opinion counts when I want to change myself to fit in. I keep reprimanding myself, and I think about what I’m doing more because now I know that I have a problem. And it’s been going really well. Since I’ve forgiven myself, and started loving myself, others have loved me more as well, they have loved the real me, not me plus alcohol, or whatever other masks I use to wear. I have finally found a freedom that’s real. A freedom in God. But don’t think everything’s perfect now. I still struggle a lot, but now I’m not doing it alone. I have God to help me, and the Holy Spirit to guide me.

Matt 18:19-20
“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in Heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as followers, I am there among them.”

No comments: