Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trapped in Freedom


A young girl entering a grown up’s world
A young girl blinded by foolishness
If only then I had known what it meant
If only then I had held on tighter

Why did I listen to what the world told me?
Why didn’t I listen to my hearts cry?
Why didn’t I hold on tighter?

The sweet sounds of an unfamiliar freedom
Seductive on the lips of stranger
The liquid’s crispness on my lips
The whirl of undiscovered places in my head

Right and wrong, a confusion of words
Cry, laugh, scream, silence
A well of tears as it drifts away
A stubborn heart won’t face the void

Why did I allow you to try, to succeed?
Why did I surround myself with this?
Why didn’t I hold on tighter?

The sweet sound of an unfamiliar freedom
Seductive on the lips of a stranger
The sweet freedom drowned in bitterness
The young girl trapped, her innocence stolen.

I could’ve done more
Maybe he would’ve listened
I should’ve been stronger
Maybe he would’ve given up
I’m the one to blame
I gave consent
It was against my will
But I said yes in the end
It was against my will
I should’ve said no again
Again again again

The sweet sound that lured me into its trap
The seductive stranger that stole a piece of me
I won’t stop here, I’ll carry on.
The pain safely buried, unreachable.

No comments: