Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fitting in

Initiation was fun, I started meeting new people and I loved the school spirit. I was a bit lost though as most of the girls had already formed clicks. I didn't fit in anywhere. There were a few other people who were alone, but they soon found spots amongst the clicks as they had something in common with them. For example, the whole hockey team were friends, same with netball, and all the skaters hung out together, then off course there were all the clever kids who studied hard, and the computer fanatics, oh, and the ballerina's. . . I couldn't be classified in any of these groups. I did good academically, but still hated studying, and I loved music, but that was about it. So, i swerved from one group to the next not ever really feeling comfortable or accepted in any of them. It felt like a replay of primary school, rejection seemed to be following me no matter how hard i tried to run from it.

Psalm 16:8
"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me."

No comments: