Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My first high school failure

Sally, my first real friend in my new school. . . She seemed so nice, we got along great, and she liked me. Sometimes her stories seemed a bit far fetched, but hey we were friends. As we became closer, her true colours started to show. Man did she love boys, they didn't like her so much, but she liked to pretend they did. This was a bad combination. She was always going on about all her boyfriends. . . She even tried her luck with a few of the older boys, so she started to get a reputation. I was her best friend, so guess what happened to me? It was assumed I was the same. Soon we had a whole bunch of enemies, a lot of them had been potential friends, especially older girls. I stayed friends with Sally that year despite the bad stuff. I'm the type of person who likes to c the good in people, and we had good times, but after a while I couldn't handle the reputation anymore.
We ended our friendship and I set out to redeem myself. I guess what you think of yourself influences what others think of you and how they experience you a lot. I didn't like myself, I irritated myself, and so others didn't like me much either. That was one skew circle that wasn't gonna end until I made some changes and did something about it.

Isiah 53:5
"But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed."

No comments: