Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home is where the heart is!

The end of Gr 5 we moved to an estate. I have a little brother by the way. He's 3 years younger than me, and at that stage of my life, the most irritating person on earth.
Anyway, it this estate i met some new people. . . One was an older boy named Jack, oooh and how fascinating and attractive he was! We became friends when i was in Gr 6. He was in Gr 8, so he was older and attractive and he gave me the time of day, so you can just imagine how intrigued i was. He also had an older brother who was in Gr 10. They became like my two older brothers, and they taught me a lot. I really loved those boys, but i didn't only want to be friends with Jack, i wanted him to be my first real boyfriend. I made some other friends aswell. One girl, Natalie, was the same age as Jack. She encouraged me to grow up before my time, wasn't really a wise decision on my part to become her friend. She introduced me to alcohol, lies and many other things. Memories of that stage of my life are quite vague, but one experience i very clearly recall is my first kiss. Natalie knew about my crush, and she loved encouraging it. So somewhere in the beginning of Gr 7 she dared me to kiss Jack. . . I was naive and wanted a kiss, so i took up the dare, it was quite an embarrassing experience. Not exactly a dream come true first kiss, but i made the choice!
At the end of Gr 7 he finally noticed me in a different way, and we started dating.

Rom 10:10
"for it is by beleiving in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."

No comments: